I'm interested in completing the ICB950 and have a few questions:
1. Will sage and anything else required to complete the course work on a Mac?
2. Please can you let me know the nearest location for the centre based exams. I'm based in Plymouth.
3. I'm assuming that apart from these 2 exams all other parts of the course I can do from home?
4. Do you have to complete the Self Assessment part of the course? Can you still be a MICB if you don't complete this?
5. It would be good to get an idea of how many hours a week the average student does.
6. Finally I have look around at a few other providers offering the same package. Yours is a bit more expensive - why is this?
Thanks for your time in advance.
Asked by Sara Parkhouse - Plymouth Submitted 214 days ago
Thank you for your questions. Firstly I'd like to say that you are doing the correct thing in shopping around. There is plenty of choice out there and you have to get a package that is suitable for you as this is a big commitment in terms of your time and, of course, finances.
In answer to your questions:
1 - Sage is a Windows based program and you'd need to install a program on your Mac that allows it to run Windows programs. Two that I know of are Parallels & Boot Camp. All other aspects of your training would be fine.
2 - Your nearest centre is in Plymouth. Princess Street to be exact.
3 - That is correct, all other exams would be attempted from home and all are attempted on an "on-demand" basis.
4 - You can achieve MICB status by only completing the Level III Bookkeeping qualifications (course number ICB850). We have tailored our "Career Path Package" to give the student all the tools to offer an extensive service to prospective clients if their aim is to go it alone as a bookkeeper.
5 - Home study is completely flexible and study times vary greatly. For the ICB950 package, if you were to study 5 or 6 hours per week, you should complete all qualifications in around 16-18 months. Our own record so far is 4 months, but the girl was studying almost full time.
6 - This is easy. We are the only college that will provide you with a fully licensed copy of Sage 50 Accounts software as [art of your training, meaning you can continue to use this professionally upon completion of your study. Other colleges will either offer the Instant Accounts option (which we also have available - ICB900) or Sage 50 software that comes with a 180 day training license. The difference in prices represents our own additional costs of providing software that retails at over £600 + VAT. You would also receive fully licensed Sage 50 Payroll software, which retails at over £300 + VAT. All in all, quite a good package.
If any of the above leads to further questions we'd be delighted to hear from you again. Good luck with your search and, if you don't select IDEAL for your training, I wish you all the very best in gainng your qualifications.