Terms and Conditions
For All Students
1. All study materials are supplied to you on the strict understanding that such copyright materials are not used by anyone else.
2. The course registration period is valid for one, two, three or four years or until you complete the course, whichever is shorter. Your preferred course page will state clearly how long is provided for course completion. The times provided give more than enough time for course completion, allowing for any unforeseen breaks in study, and provides total flexibility with your study.
3. The course fee covers all the study materials and all tuition services, including email and telephone support.
4. If you agree to pay by monthly instalments, such payments must be made on time, regardless of your pace of study.
5. Fees are not refundable after two weeks have elapsed, but a transfer to another course of comparable value may be considered. Such a transfer may be subject to an administration fee, depending on how far you have progressed on the first course. (Where software has been supplied as part of the course, and the seal on this has been broken, no refunds will be considered for this particular item.)
6. Where a course option is showing as being discounted or has a 'free course addition', discount codes cannot be used during the registration process to lower the fees further. Examination fees are not included on free course additions.
7. In cases where study materials have been lost, damaged, or have become obsolete due to syllabus/examination changes there will be a charge of £29.50 for replacements to be supplied. If the re-submission of assignment work is also required the cost of this will be determined dependent on the course module in question.
8. Where Sage Certification is included this will only be provided if payment is made in full or your instalment and monthly payment plan has been completed.
9. Initial course packages, and those containing software, are sent via Parcel Force. To aid with delivery, where the student has provided a mobile phone number, we will pass this to Parcel Force for them to send text alerts on the day of delivery.
10. Where a parcel is being sent outside Europe, and not BFPO, a quote will be provided to cover additional postal charges.
For students preparing for external examinations
The following is aimed at those of you who are taking a specific external examination, e.g. ICB or AAT.
11. You are responsible for making the necessary arrangements to sit the external examinations. This may include payment of examination fees and travel costs to your nearest centre.
12. ICB students, who are beginning their study from Level II Cert in Bookkeeping (or Level I pre April 2014), will have their first years ICB Student Registration paid by Ideal Schools.
13. We will provide tuition until you pass your examination or as per the time scales outlined in point 2, provided you follow the plan of study and adhere to the advice of the course tutors.
14. In the unlikely event that you fail an examination, as long as you have completed all assignments, past papers and online practice papers where relevant, prior to attempting the exam, Ideal Schools will cover the cost of one re-sit for each level you have registered for. For AAT Students, we will not pay centre admin fees, we'll cover the AAT exam fee only.