MICB - ICB Level 2 - 4 Manual & Computerised Bookkeeping (Sage 50 Accounts Essentials)
Summer course discounts - Save 20% on fees:
Why select IDEAL as your training provider? - click here
This Full Membership course package, including both manual & computerised bookkeeping elements, covers the preparation of ledger balances, control accounts and reconciliations, adjustments and preparation of final accounts for non-incorporated and incorporated businesses or organisations (sole traders, partnerships,non profit making organisations, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships). There are no entry requirements
for this course package and upon successful completion of your examinations possible employment prospects would include employed or self-employed opportunities.
Where reference is made in the syllabus to preparing final accounts for incorporated businesses, this qualification covers the production of internal management accounts only. Those wishing to prepare sets of accounts for Director’s signature under Financial Reporting Standards (both UK and international) should successfully complete this qualification and then take the Level IV Unit in Financial Reporting.
Ideal Schools will provide:
All Study Materials
provided in presentation folders
2 years tutorial support
via phone & email
1st year ICB Student Registration
Sage 50 Accounts Essentials
Continuous Self Progress Tests & Answers
20 x Tutor Marked Assignments
Online report templates
to help with assignment completion
9 x Mock Paper
8 x Online Practice Paper (ICB Rogo - exam standard)
Exam Pass Guarantee
Continued career support
Associated Exams: B1, B2, B3, BA4, BA5, BA6, BA7, ABA8 & ABA9
Exam Structure: 7 x home based examinations, 2 x centre based exam (BA7 & ABA9)
Study Time: Approx 220-230 hours
Exam fees:Exam fees for this course option are £348.00 and include our ‘college discount’.When it comes to paying for your exams you have two options:
- Enrol on your course paying the full fee or initial deposit: during registration you can select to add the cost of your exams. This ensures you have no ongoing costs and guards against future exam fee increases. The full cost of the exams will be added to your preferred initial payment (full fee or deposit).
- Pay as you go: As you complete each section of study you'll be instructed to book your exams. If you have not pre-paid these you'd simply contact our admin team to pay and we'll then place your exam order.
The choice is yours!!
Topics covered within this package are as follows:
Affiliate Level Syllabus:
: understand the...
importance of adhering to a code of Professional Ethics
basic differences between the structures of different types of businesses
importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
basic elements of a contract
concept of reporting on a cash basis for income tax purposes
various of methods of payments and receipts to and from a bank account
need for bank security
basic accounting concepts
: understand the...
purpose and range of business documents
need to accurately prepare business documents for goods supplied
need to check business documents received
the purpose of, and make entries into, the ledger accounts
a set of control accounts in the ledgers
Books of Prime Entry
Understand the purpose of, and make entries into, the books of prime entry
Accounting for VAT
Understand the process of dealing with and accounting for VAT in the ledgers
Making and receiving payments: Understand the
use of an analysed cash book
purpose and need to record petty cash
purpose and use of the two and three column cash books
The Trial Balance
Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance
Use a computerised accounting package
Business Set Up
Health and Safety
Processing Nominal Ledger and Subsidiary Ledger Accounts
Associate Level Syllabus:
Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
Understand the legal differences between the various structures of various types of businesses
Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
Understand the different rules that apply when processing VAT transactions
Reconciliation of Accounts and Correction of Errors
Reconcile supplier statements
Prepare a bank reconciliation statement
Use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers
Understand the need to correct errors
Reconcile the VAT account
Complete a VAT return
Calculate and Post Adjustments to the Ledgers
Account for the disposal of fixed assets
Understand the need to allow for adjustments to the accounts
Final Accounts of Non-Incorporated Businesses
Prepare a set of final accounts for a sole trader from a given trial balance
Prepare a set of final accounts for a not-for-profit organisation
Prepare a set of final accounts for a partnership
Full Membership level Syllabus:
Limited Company Accounts
Prepare a set of final accounts for a Limited Company
Limited Liability Partnerships
Understand the nature of a limited liability partnership
Prepare a set of final accounts for incomplete records
Advanced Partnership Accounts
Account for changes in a partnership
Interpretation of Financial Statements
Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes
Analyse and interpret Financial Statements
Software Supplied – Sage 50 Accounts Essentials
Ideal Schools have a policy of only supplying software that can continue to be used when study is completed. Within this course option, software will be initially supplied with a 1 year license, with a second year covered within your course cost. If continued use of the software is required, you can take advantage of our Sage Business Partner status and receive significant discount on monthly or annual licenses.
- Providing all the functionality you'll need as a bookkeeper, as part of the Sage 50 Accounting suite, your knowledge gained will be easily transferable throughout all Sage 50 products, ensuring compatibility with the majority of working accountants.
- Your software is supplied with an annual license, ensuring your software is upgraded each year.
- Within this course package your initial license period is two years, after which, if you have continued use of the software, you can enter into a monthly or annual agreement.
- As a Sage Business Partner we receive significant discounts on on-going software costs. As a student of IDEAL, 100% of this discount will be passed on to you.
- Minimum System requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Intel 2.0 GHz processor; 2 GB DDR3 RAM; 4 GB Hard Drive. (Are you a MAC user? Please call us for advice)
If you would like added advice on software or any other part of our training we have an experienced team at your disposal. Call us now on 0800 028 1404 or 0141 248 5200.